Back of the book questions Chapters 5-8 Questions 301-400
Find answers HERE.
301. Crane control cabinet doors shall either open at least 90 degrees or be
302. The device used to transfer energy between the output circuit and the
object to be heated is ______ .
303. Supply equipment for electric vehicles shall be located at a minimum height
of ______ inches.
304. Rooms containing ammonia refrigeration systems with adequate ventilation
may be classified as ______ .
305. What type cable shall be permitted for Class 2 Division 1 locations? ______
306. Aircraft batteries ______ charged where installed in an aircraft located
even partially inside a hangar.
307. Wiring methods for Class 3 division 1 locations shall permit threaded
______ metal conduit.
308. A maximum of ______ 15 or 20 amp circuits are allowed in a recreational
vehicle with a 30 amp system.
309. What is the demand factor in % applied to 5 receptacles supplying shore
310. A class 1 division 2 location included flammable gases that are normally
______ in containers.
311. At an unattended self-service marine motor fuel dispensing facility the
emergency control shall be ______.
312. ______ is a sufficient raceway for fixed wiring above Class 1 locations.
313. Motor fuel dispensing facilities are covered by article ______ .
314. The size of supply conductors for industrial machinery shall have an
ampacity of ______ .
315. Shore power for boats shall be provided by single receptacles rated
not less than ______ amps.
316. Grounding buses of branch circuit panel boards serving the same patient
vicinity shall be bonded ______ .
317. In a pediatric location, receptacles located in rooms and playrooms shall
be ______ .
318. T or F Parking garages used for parking or storage shall be permitted to be
319. A manufactured wiring system is a system assembled by a manufacturer ______ inspected at the building.
320. In agricultural buildings a 125 volt 15 ampere receptacle
located in a(n) _____ shall be GFCI protected.
321. Wiring systems for office furnishings shall be identified as suitable for
providing ______ in partitions.
322. Some professional projectors that use carbon arc or xenon may develop
323. T or F Portable X-Ray equipment is the type installed in a vehicle.
324. Where flexible connections are necessary, _____
fittings for class 1 division 1 shall be permitted.
325. Receptacles in countertop areas shall not be installed in the ______
326. A grounding electrode conductor is ______ for a manufactured building.
327. A 20 amp 125 volt receptacle located ______ from the inside wall of a pool
shall be GFCI protected.
328. Class 3 Division 1 & 2 flexible cords shall be of a type listed for
329. Poultry and animal excrement may cause ______ .
330. A tank where electrochemical reactions are caused is a(n) ______ .
331. Sign or outline lighting system equipment shall be at least 14 feet above
areas accessible to ______ .
332. Exposed optical fibers shall be supported by the ______ .
333. ______ conduit is permitted in Class 1 Division 1 hazardous locations.
334. Overhead coaxial cable shall have vertical clearance above roofs of not
less than ______ feet.
335. Type ______ cable shall be permitted in cable trays.
336. In a marina, overhead wiring shall be installed so as to avoid possible
contact with boat _____ .
337. Requirements for wiring in a fish farm pond can be found in article ______
338. Mobil homes shall have a connection to a wiring system at ______ volts
339. A cord on office furnishings with ______ shall not exceed 9 feet.
340. T or F Golf carts are included in the requirements of the National
341. A neutral of a feeder supplying solid state ______ dimmer systems shall
be considered current carrying.
342. A resistance welder nameplate shall contain the following information
343. ______ raceways shall not be used for branch circuits that supply patient
344. Network powered broadband communication cable run above roofs shall have
______ of vertical clearance.
345. Equipment in Class 1, 2,l and 3 shall be threaded with a taper of ______
inch per foot.
346. Flameproof enclosures carry a designation of the letter ______ .
347. Flexible cords shall be permitted for use in Class 1 Division 1 and 2
348. Simple apparatus in an intrinsically safe system ______ required to be
listed for such use.
349. The maximum length of a cord on a ______ is 36 1/2 feet.
350. Burglar alarm wiring is covered in article ______ of the National
351. The control panels for induction dielectric heating equipment shall be of
the ______ construction.
352. Low voltage cables connected to oil-filled units that are not completely
sealed shall have ______ insulation.
353. Temporary lighting can not be connected to ______ circuits.
354. Grounding conductor for an enclosure of a DC cell line power supply
apparatus is minimum ______ .
355. A stationary point of an irrigation machine shall be connected to a
grounding electrode for ______ protection.
356. Audio system equipment supplied by branch circuit power shall not be placed
______ of a pool spa.
357. Equipment for use in electroplating processes ______ for such service.
358. Class 3 Division 1 & 2 receptacles and attachment plugs shall prevent
the escape of ______ .
359. Equipment is hermetically sealed by ______ .
360. Class 2 Division 1 flexible connections shall have ______ flexible
361. A(n) ______ shall be provided to disconnect each resistance welder from the
362. ______ conditions must be met for an integrated electrical system.
363. Where flexibility is required on a floating building ______ conduit shall
364. Each elevator shall have a single means for disconnecting ungrounded
conductors ______ .
365. Classification is based on dangerous quantities of flammable vapors,
residues, dust or ______ .
366. In a theater where dimmers are installed each dimmer shall have a rating of
______ of the dimmer rating.
367. A mating electric vehicle inlet and electric vehicle connector is an
electric ______ .
368. Branches of patient care emergency system shall be connected to the
alternate power supply in ______ .
369. An assembly is designed to have a capacity of ______ persons.
370. A park trailer is intended for ______ use.
371. Branch circuit conductors supplying 8 electroplating units shall have an
ampacity of not less than ______ .
372. Electrical materials installed in or attached to a recreational vehicle
shall be ______ .
373. Wired partition interconnections using flexible cord up to _____ feet are
374. According to article 700, all equipment shall be ______ for use on
375. Service equipment for a floating building shall be located ______ the
376. Circuit protection shall not be required for ______ that are totally
within the cell line working zone.
377. In a recreational vehicle receptacles are required on walls ______ or
378. The insulated conductors of type ITC cable shall be in sizes ______ .
379. A photovoltaic power source shall be permitted to be connected to the
______ of the service disconnect.
380. A single disconnecting means shall be permitted to be installed between a
remote power source ______ .
381. For article 647 to apply, all junction box covers need to indicate the
system voltage and ______ .
382. Data processing circuit ampacity shall be ______ % of the total connected
383. Class 1 Division 1 enclosed type motors automatically ______ when the gas
384. A receptacle for an electrical vehicle shall be located not more than
______ above the parking surface.
385. Class 1 remote control signaling circuits shall not exceed ______ volts.
386. Where accessible to the public, flexible cords and cables laid on the
ground shall be covered with ______ .
387. Ferrous metal faceplates shall not be less than ______ inches in
thickness when used in a park trailer.
388. Underground wiring shall be permitted in rigid metal conduit ______ of
cover at a bulk storage plant.
389. Conductors for circuits and equipment operating at less than 50 volts shall
be ______ AWG copper.
390. The insulation of conductors used in the secondary circuit of electric
welders shall be ______ .
391. In manufactured wiring systems all unused outlets shall be ______ .
392. Fittings and boxes shall be provided with ______ for connections to
terminations and shall be dusttight.
393. Where shielded conductors or cables are used, shields shall be ______ .
394. All 15 amp and 20 amp receptacles used as a means of connecting sensitive
electronic equipment ______ .
395. Type AC cable can be considered a ______ .
396. Documentation for a hazardous location shall be available to ______ who
operates electrical equipment.
397. A wired office partition power supply cord shall not exceed ______ feet in
398. Mobile home service equipment shall be rated at not less than ______ amps.
399. The bonding conductor for a recreational vehicle shall be a minimum of #
400. Cable splices or terminations in power limited fire alarm systems shall be
made in ______ .