Back of the book questions Chapters 5-8 Questions 101-200
Find answers HERE.
101. A fuel system that supplies power independently of the electric utility
company is called ______ .
102. NM raceways must be encased in at least ______ " of concrete
to be used in any assembly occupancies.
103. The ______ of the manual fuel shut-off valve shall be marked at the
location of the disconnecting means.
104. Fire pump control equipment shall be mounted on ______ supporting
105. A hazardous location with easily ignited fibers are handled would be a
106. All cables in an agricultural building shall be secured within ______ inches
of any box, cabinet or fitting.
107. Hazardous class III locations are hazardous because of the presence of
108. Boxes not over ______ cubic inches, in a manufactured building, shall be
affixed with anchors or clamps.
109. A hazardous location of class II is hazardous because of the presence of
110. Carnival rides are required to have a disconnecting switch within
______ feet of the operator station.
111.The protection technique ______ shall be permitted for equipment in a hazardous location if identified.
112. Back stage lamps shall provide an air space if not less than 2" between
the lamp and ______ material.
113. Article 511 covers what kind of installation?
114. For emergency systems covered by article 700, switches connected to control
emergency lighting ______ .
115. What type locations does article 510 include?
116. Legally required standby systems shall have a visual signal to
indicate that the battery charger is ______ .
117. T or F For portable optional standby power sources, a visual signal to
indicate derangement is not required.
118. Class I Division I conduits shall have seals installed within ______ from
119. What chapter of the NEC covers installations of power production sources in
parallel with a primary source?
120. Class I Division I conduits trade size ______ shall be sealed in each
conduit entry into enclosures.
121. Article 720 requires what standard size lamp holder or rating?
122. Sealing compound shall be used in type MI cable termination fittings to
123. T or F PLTC cable not terminated at equipment and is tagged for
future use is considered abandoned.
124. The zone classification system is an alternative to the division
classification system covered in ______.
125. T or F Instrumentation tray cable can be used as aerial cable on a
messenger at 240 volts.
126. There are ______ different Classes of hazardous locations.
127. For fire alarm circuits, can FPLP cable be substituted by FPL cable?
128. Enclosing electrical parts in a compound to prevent ignition of an
explosive atmosphere is called ______ .
129. ______ dusts are not covered by article 506 in the NEC.
130. T or F Type NM cable can be installed in a high occupancy building if it is
not subject to a fire rating.
131. X-Ray equipment transformers must comply with NEC article 450.
132. Each general care patient bed shall be supplied with at least ______ branch
133. A pipe organ conductor shall have conductors with ______ or ______
134. Optical fiber cables can be grouped into ______ types.
135. A circuit where a spark is incapable of causing ignition of combustible
material is called ______ .
136. The voltage drop for sensitive electrical equipment shall not exceed ______
137. T or F Listed hybrid cable is allowed for use with closed loop power
138. Conductors supplying data processing equipment shall have an ampacity
of not less than 125% of ______ .
139. Where practicable, a separation of 1.8 meters shall be maintained
between communications ______ .
140. The range of human hearing is typically ______ .
141. What article covers amateur radio transmitting equipment.
142. Receptacles on construction sites shall not be installed on branch circuits
that supply ______ .
143. An air duct does not include ______ for purposes of NEC article 820.
144. Sign ballasts located in soffits require an access door at least ______
145. Type BLP cables shall be listed as having adequate fire-resistant and
146. NEC article 604 applies to field-installed wiring using off-site
manufactured subassemblies for ______.
147. A separation of at least ______ is required between network communication
cable and power cables.
148. Protection ______ is a type of protection where a fault capable of causing
ignition is not likely to occur.
149. Direct burial coaxial cable shall be separated by ______ inches from power
150. Conductors of intrinsically safe circuits shall be separated ______ from non intrinsically safe circuits.
151. All antenna masts shall be effectively ______ .
152. Transformers in a class III location must have ______ enclosures.
153. The grounding conductor in communications circuits can not be smaller than
154. Ventilating pipes for rotating electrical
machinery shall be metal not less than ______ mm thick.
155. For listed explosion proof equipment, factory threaded entries shall be made
up with ______ .
156. Each motion picture projector shall have clear working space not less than
______ inches on each side.
157. Conduit seals shall be installed within ______ inches from the enclosure to
which they connect.
158. In reference to mobile homes, appliances that can be cord and pulg
connected include ______ .
159. A minimum of 70% of all recreational vehicle sites with electrical
supply shall have a(n) _____ receptacle.
160. The maximum amperes allowed for footlights and boarder lights is ______
161. Each receptacle of DC plugging boxes on stage shall be rated at not less
than ______ amps.
162. Amusement rides shall not be located within ______ meters of
conductors operating in excess of 600 volts.
163. Audio signal processing, amplification, and reproduction equipment shall
comply with NEC article ______ .
164. GFCI protection for personnel is required at carnivals for all ______ outlets
accessible to the public.
165. Class 1 locations with totally enclosed motors shall not have external surfaces
temperatures ______ .
166. In assembly occupancies, nonmetallic raceways encased in not less than
______ of concrete are permitted.
167. A circuit in which a spark is incapable of causing ignition of flammable
material is considered ______ .
168. Luminaries more than ______ above the floor in a
patient vicinity are not required to be grounded.
169. Apparatus circuits not intrinsically safe
but affect the circuits that are intrinsically safe are ______.
170. The space 3
feet above an open top spray booth shall be considered a Class ______ location .
171. Class ______ motors shall be totally enclosed, pipe ventilated, or totally
enclosed fan cooled.
172. T or F Wiring above Class 1 locations shall be in rigid metal conduit only.
173. Receptacles in Class 2 locations shall be designed so that connections can not be made when ______.
174. Emergency controls for attended self service motor fuel dispensing
facilities shall be ______ .
175. Device contacts in Class 2 locations in which sparks may produced shall be
provided with ______.
176. Locations where flammable liquids like gasoline will not be transferred are
considered ______ .
177.In automotive service areas, 125 volt receptacles for diagnostic equipment
shall be ______ .
178. Receptacles shall provide connection to the grounding conductor of flexible
cords in ______ locations.
179. In Zone 20 and 21 locations, a ______ branch circuit shall not be
180. Atmospheres containing combustible metal dust are classified as ______ .
181. Locations shall be classified depending on the properties of the ______
that may be present.
182. ______ is a typical Class 1 Group D location for hazardous material.
183. Conductors of intrinsically safe circuits shall be separated ______from non
intrinsically safe circuits.
184. MESG stands for ______ as per the NEC.
185. In Class 3 division 1 &2 locations switches shall be ______ .
186. Hazards that exist due to ignitible fibers are Class ______ locations.
187. Boxes and fittings used for taps shall be ______ when installed in Class 2
Division 1 hazardous locations.
188. Hazards due to combustible dust are considered ______ locations.
189. Sealing fittings for raceways between a Class I Division 2 and unclassified
shall be within 10' of ______ .
190. Where flammable gas vapors of flammable liquids are present, this is a
191. Dusttight enclosures are constructed so that dust will not ______ under
specific test conditions.
192. Oil immersion shall be permitted for current interrupting contacts in
193. In each conduit run leaving as Class 1 Division 1 location, the sealing
fitting can be located ______ .
194. Group A gas in Class 1 locations is ______ .
195. The locknut bushing and double locknut types of conduit shall not be depended
on for bonding in ______.
196. What material can be found in a Class 3 Division 2 location?
197. T or F In Class 3 Division locations, electrical metallic tubing is an
acceptable wiring method.
198. All areas designated as hazardous classified locations shall be properly
199. General purpose enclosures shall ______ permitted for intrinsically safe
200. All apparatus of ______ systems shall be verified for Class 1 Division