Electrician Calculations Workbook - Details
This 144 page workbook provides a comprehensive look at calculations for electricians. There are over 5000 different questions and answers included. Audio support is provided for each calculations type. Click HERE to hear a sample of an audio file.
This workbook is printed on both sides of 8 1/2 x 11 inch three hole punched paper suitable for a three ring binder which is not provided. The workbook is also available 3 hole punched with a plastic spiral binding for an additional $5.
The workbook is published by ElectricianMath.com which is a companion website to ElectricianEducation.com. The author is David Ullian Larson.
Click HERE to see a sample calculations page.
Click HERE to see a sample answers page.
Click HERE to take the math pre test for this workbook with answers.
Let's see if this workbook is for you. Here's a ten question quiz. Get out your code book and calculator for these.
1. What is the expected current draw for a 4500 watt 240 volt water heater?
2. What is the total resistance for 6 resistive loads that are 30 ohms each if connected in parallel to the source?
3. What size rigid PVC raceway Schedule 80 is needed if it contains 2 #4/0 THW, 1 #1/0 THW and 1 #3 THW copper conductors?
4. What is the minimum even numbered square dimension for a pull box which contains a total of 20 #12's, 20 #10's, and 20 #8's. All terminate in splices in the box. The box is 4 inches deep.
5. What is the initial standard maximum overcurrent protective device permitted for a 5HP 240 volt single phase motor if a non renewable fuse is planned for the installation?
6. What is the minimum square dimension for a pull box where 6 #1 THW conductors are U pulled through a box. Note that the conductors enter and leave the box in 3" PVC Schedule 80 raceways. The raceways are each 3" from the corner of the box. Both raceways are on the same wall of the box, hence it is called a U pull. The box is 6" deep.
7. What is the service feeder demand for 26 14kW single phase household ranges in a multi family dwelling if powered by a three phase service feeder?
8. What is the net lighting and appliance feeder demand for a 3600 square foot residential dwelling which has four small appliance branch circuits and one laundry circuit if the standard service calculation method is used?
9. What is the expected output voltage of a single phase transformer that has an input voltage of 240 volts, an input current of 8 amps and an output current of 72 amps when it is 90% efficient?
10. What is the expected run voltage at load for a 32 amp resistance heater load which is located 320 feet from the 120 volt source if #3 THW copper was used for the circuit?
If you miss the correct answer on even one of these questions, then the Electrician Calculations Workbook would be a useful tool to add to your study library. Why not Invest In Yourself? Brain tools pay big dividends. See the bottom of this page for a link to the answers.
Here is the table of contents from this workbook:
Table Of Contents
Front Cover 1
See anything on this list you would like to know more about?
To order this workbook, click the Buy Now button below. You may pay with any debit or credit card. The price is $29.60 postpaid by USPS Priority Mail to any USA address. The workbook is also available with a plastic spiral binding added for $34.60 postpaid to any USA address.
As a bonus, you will also receive a copy of Reference Formulas Appendix. This useful tool can be added to any looseleaf edition of the NEC. It provides formulas, tables, and references useful to anyone working to answer electrical questions. It is an excellent study tool for anyone preparing for an electrical exam at the Journeyman, Master or Inspector level. Click HERE to read more about this fantastic reference tool. It is sold separately for $14 postpaid. But it is an added bonus when you buy the Electric Motors Calculations Workbook at no additional charge.
Click HERE for answers to the questions given above.
Many electrician workbooks and
practice exams are now available